Resources and materials relative to alcohol and drug misuse are provided to encourage further exploration, consideration and adoption of best practices and strategies to change behaviors, perceptions and consequences of substance misuse in New Hampshire. To learn more about the core community sectors, go to the Prevention tab.
Six Core Community Sector Resources
Business (Learn more about best practices addressing substance misuse in the workplace):
- Visit New Futures to learn more about how to become a substance-free workplace.
- Visit the US Dept. of Labor to learn more about the Drug Free Workplace Alliance.
- Check out Part III (pgs. 63-78) of An Employer’s Guide to Behavioral Health Services, which provides specific recommendations to guide employers with the development of medical and behavioral health plans.
Education (For more information about best practice approaches and policies for middle school, high schools and colleges):
- Top 5 Actions Schools Can Take to Help Prevent & Reduce Youth Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Use
- Model School Policy (2012-2013)
- Prevention Strategies to Change Campus Cultures
- NH Life of an Athlete
- Asset-Based Youth Development
- Challenging College Alcohol Abuse
- 40 Developmental Assets
- NH Department of Education – Office of Student Wellness
- Parenting through the College Years
Health/Medical (For more information on best practices for health and medical professionals addressing substance misuse):
- New protocols released by the NH Medical Society for the prescribing of opioids
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Factsheet
Safety (For more information about best practices for the safety and justice system):
- Model Programs in Juvenile Justice
- Screening & Brief Interventions in Justice Systems
- Drug Courts: An Effective Strategy for Communities Facing Methamphetamine
- Procedures for Pharmaceutical Drug Collection and Disposal Programs (8/15/12)
Government (For more resources on the impact of substance misuse on local and county government):
Community Supports (Learn about best practices for community & family support organizations addressing substance misuse):
- NIH National Institute on Drug Abuse Preventing Drug Use among Children and Adolescents (in brief)
- CADCA Resources for Community-Based Coalitions
- Prevent Rx Abuse: A CADCA Toolkit
For Office Use Only (Center & BDAS Staff)